Your rent

When you sign your tenancy agreement you are agreeing to pay your rent on time and to not fall into arrears.

Your rent

If your rent is going to change we will always give you 4 weeks’ notice in writing.

If you need to check your rent balance, give one of our team a call and we will be happy to give you those details.

Multilingual Chat Service

If you are a non-English speaker and would like to discuss your rent, please click on the Multilingual Chat Box below to get access to the Multilingual Live Chat service to speak to our Income team. You can ask us questions in any of the following languages:

Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Croatian, Danish, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian,  Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Vietnamese and Welsh

How to pay your rent

Most people find that Direct Debit, is the easiest and most convenient way to pay and you can choose a payment frequency, weekly on a Monday or Friday or Monthly, to suit you.

You can use MyRooftop, our App, to make managing your payments easy. You can also control other aspects of you tenancy.

You can find all the details here.

Your first rent payment must be paid when you take on the property and your Direct Debit will be set up to collect all future payments. If you wish to set up a new Direct Debit or to make changes to your existing arrangement, please contact the Income Team.

If you are able to, we’d always encourage a slight overpayment each month, it means that if your circumstances change (you need to make a new Universal Credit Claim for example) you won’t immediately fall into rent arrears and it gives more peace of mind.

If you need to pay via an alternative payment method, please discuss this with your Neighbourhood Officer or contact the Income Team.

Find out how we set rents and fund new homes

We think very carefully about how we develop new homes for rent, making sure that they are financially viable – what we mean by financially viable is the rent for the homes (whether it is “affordable rent” or “social rent”) needs to cover the costs of development, loan repayments, maintenance, and investment over time.

person stressed about money

What if you can't pay

We know times are hard and getting harder for a lot of people right now and we are here to help.

Our team can help you get through the difficult times, with money advice, benefits advice, and payment plans, so that you can stay in your home for the good times.

We understand that talking about money worries is difficult, but you may be putting off the call that will help you most. We have helped hundreds of our customers just like you stay in their home by maximising their income, get out of rent debt and money trouble.

Get in contact with our team about difficulty with your rent.

We can help

Our Income Team will chat through your situation with you and assess how we can best help.

We have two specialist Money Advisors who can give you advice on benefits and budgeting. They can also point you to other organisations that may be able to help.

We can then come to an agreement with you that will help you start reducing your rent arrears at an amount you can afford.

For independent advice you can also visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Claiming benefits

If you claim Housing Benefit or Universal Credit to help pay your rent it is your responsibility to ensure your claim is always up to date and to notify us of any changes to the amount you receive.

couple worried about money

Falling into rent debt

We want to help to everyone who is experiencing difficulty and to do that we will be using an automated message system

If you are in rent debt with us and it is not linked to benefit payment cycles (some people go in and out of debt because of when their benefits are paid) you will get a call from our automated system to ask you to get in contact, or even to just press 1 and you will be put through to the team.

We will be clear on each action we take, how we can help you, and what may happen if you refuse to work with us to clear any rent debt.​

You will find more information here.

Contact us

If you need to discuss your rent account with us please contact Rooftop Housing Groups Income team directly. You must contact us if you need support with your rent account.

What Rooftop means to me

"I have been living in Rooftop accommodation for over 2 years. They look after everything - that's such a relief when you're a keyworker!"

Dr Ali

Keyworker Customer

Subscribe to our newsletter
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
By subscribing you agree to with our Privacy Policy and provide consent to receive updates from our company.