Equality, diversity, and inclusion
We aim to have a diverse workforce and ensure equality for all.
We are dedicated to an inclusive culture that promotes equality and diversity in all aspects of employment, including recruitment and selection, learning and development and employment practices.
We want to encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for our jobs, so our workforce reflects the profile of the communities we serve and our customers. We also value the contribution that colleagues who consider themselves to have a disability make to our workforce.
We are committed to a working environment in which all colleagues are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. Our principles include:
- having a zero tolerance in preventing acts of discrimination, exclusion, unfair treatment and other negative or demeaning behaviours
- demonstrating our commitment to equality for all
- respecting and value difference
- being open and constructive in our communications
- resolving conflict fairly and timely
- encouraging and embedding positive values and behaviours.
We pride ourselves on being an armed forces friendly organisation and have committed to the Armed Forces Covenant.
Interested in working for Rooftop?
We need high performing people at all levels who can champion our culture, live our values and facilitate high performance in others. We strive to maintain a skilled, knowledgeable and motivated workforce who are empowered and engaged through working in a supportive working environment. If you're interested, visit our vacancies page.
Dignity at work
At Rooftop, we all have a responsibility to create a working environment free from harassment and bullying including intimidation, victimisation, discrimination, negative or demeaning behaviour. Our employee and employer commitments are:
- treat our colleagues with dignity, respect and courtesy
- do not harass or bully anyone or help anyone else to do so
- set good examples and challenge inappropriate behaviour
- be aware of how your own behaviour may affect others, verbal and written
- promptly report any type of unacceptable behaviour or ask for advice or support
- promote awareness of employee responsibilities in relation to treating colleagues with dignity, respect and courtesy
- review relevant policies and procedures regularly to ensure they are effective
- ensure that employees are aware of how to report a concern
- provide effective advice and support
- act in a timely and appropriate manner when concerns are raised
What Rooftop means to me