We are responsible for most repairs in your home and will ensure that your home is safe for you to live in.
Rooftop takes the maintenance of your home seriously. We deal with an average of 18,000 repairs a year. We will complete essential repairs to keep your home safe, sound and secure within our target timescales. Some minor repairs can be done yourself and there are some repairs that are your responsibility. Please check before contacting us.
If you do need to report a repair please contact us by telephoning 01386 420 800.
Due to an unusually high volume of requests on our repairs services we are experiencing some delays completing repairs. We apologise and are working hard to resolve this.
It is your responsibility to promptly report repairs needed to the property. Our repairs are mostly carried out by our partners Platform Property Care (PPC) and it is usually a representative of PPC who will attend your property to make a repair.
When you phone us to report a repair we will log the information and pass on the details to our partners PPC. If it is an emergency repair, you will be visited within 24 hours. If it is a non emergency, you will be notified of an appointment time by PPC.
Watch the video below to understand what happens when you call us to report and book a repair.
Repairs that Rooftop and PPC carry out include;
- gas appliances
- heating and hot water
- toilets, baths, pipes and sinks
- electrical wiring and any appliances they provide
- common areas such as lifts and communal entrances
- the structure and exterior of the building – including the roof, walls, windows and external doors
Emergency repairs - within 24 hours
An emergency repair is something that could cause an immediate hazard/danger to your health or others. For example: water leaks, total loss of gas or electric heating (between 1 October and 31 March), or unsafe electrical sockets and fittings.
Non-emergency repairs - up to 20 working days
These repairs are something that can be left for a while without causing too much of a disturbance or inconvenience.
Rooftop Housing Group don't have to fix damage caused by you or your guests. If they do repair something you've damaged, you can be charged for this.
If you think you or a family member will struggle to complete a repair, Rooftop can do it for you but we will charge for this work, plus an administration fee on top, all of which will need to be paid for up-front. It may be cheaper for you to find a local tradesman to do the work on your behalf.
- Maintaining sheds, fences and gates
- Replacing locks when you have lost all keys
- Unblocking sinks, baths and toilets
- Repairing or replacing toilet seats
- Tightening loose waste fittings
- Replacing sealant to baths, etc.
- Pest control in your garden
- Repairing TV aerials or satellite dishes
- Radiator bleeding
- Fixing loose kitchen drawers or doors
- Replacing lightbulb, fuses or resetting a tripped fuse board
- Repairs to internal doors
- Filling fine cracks in plaster
- Changing doorbell batteries
An emergency repair is something that could cause danger to health, poses a risk to residents’ safety or serious damage to your or your neighbour’s property.
When you book a repair, you will get a notification to confirm the repair. This will be a text notification or a phone call from our contractors with more information about the booking.
We know that some jobs can take some time and we ask all of our contractors to get in contact with you so that you’re kept up to date with your repair.
What Rooftop means to me