Your Tenancy

From the moment that you move in until the time you decide to leave us, you are at the heart of everything that we do.

About your tenancy

It is important to us that by working together, you can enjoy your home and your tenancy with us. From the moment that you move in until the time you decide to leave us, you are at the heart of everything that we do. 

We offer affordable housing primarily in Wychavon and Gloucestershire with a range of sizes and types of accommodation.

How do you apply for a home?

Although we build the homes we do not select who is eligible to live in them. ​To apply for a home, you need to register with your local authority who will operate a choice based lettings system, which allows home seekers to bid for vacant properties.

Once you have registered, you will receive a bidding reference number which you will need to use every time you want to bid for a property. When you have placed your bid, the local authority concerned will allocate the property depending on the priority level of the bidder. 

Wychavon District Council

Wychavon District Council covers Bromsgrove, Malvern, Stratford upon Avon, Worcester, Wychavon and Wyre Forest. Applications need to be made with Housing for You

Housing For You.jpg
Gloucestershire Homeseeker Plus

Homeseeker plus covers Cheltenham, the Cotswolds, Forest of Dean, Gloucester, Stroud and Tewkesbury. Applications need to be made with Gloucestershire Homeseeker plus

Redditch Home Choice

Redditch Home Choice covers homes in the Redditch district.

Applications need to be made with Redditch Home Choice.

Redditch BC Logo.jpg

Service charges

Some of you will see that you pay a service charge, sometimes referred to on annual Rent Charge Notifications as a property charge.  Here are some answers to the frequently asked questions to help you understand what service charges do and don’t cover.


Home Insurance

There are two types of insurance that should be considered in relation to your home: Buildings Insurance and Contents Insurance. Buildings Insurance covers the structure of your property and Contents insurance covers the contents of your home 


Rooftop insure your home against damage. but does not cover any of your personal belongings.


Customer engagement

We want to put your experience of Rooftop at the heart of how we change and grow and get better at meeting your needs.


“Customer Engagement” is just another way of saying that we will listen and then we’ll do something about it. It’s simple really.

If you want to be involved in what we do, at whatever level, then you can…

Moving out

We want to make sure that you have a great experience with Rooftop, all the way through your tenancy. If you do decide to end your tenancy with Rooftop there are some things that you’ll need to do to make sure that the process moves smoothly for everyone.

Your safety is paramount and it is crucial that you feel your home is safe

Nothing is more important to us, and we want to ensure the safety of those who live with you or visit you.  We are also committed to ensuring that indoor and outdoor areas are safe, and any risks are carefully managed.

We have a duty to comply with the law, in addition to several standards set out by the Government that are enforced by the Regulator of Social Housing. Wherever we can, Rooftop will always aim to go above and beyond the minimum standards required.

Rooftop Health and Safety Compliance