Equality, diversity and dignity at work
We are an equal opportunities employer
We are an equal opportunities employer and we treat all people fairly, and with dignity, regardless of:
- religion or belief
- pregnancy and maternity
- marriage and civil partnership
- gender reassignment
- sexual orientation
To make sure we have an equal and diverse workforce, we try to create a culture that promotes equality and diversity in all aspects of employment, including recruitment and selection, training and development and employment practices.
We do this by:
- reviewing our recruitment and selection processes to make sure they are fair and provide equality of employment
- providing all our staff with the appropriate training and development they need to enable them to achieve our aims and realise their full potential
- collecting and monitoring recruitment, training and employment data to identify any areas of inequality and comparing this data against relevant targets and best practice
- reviewing and developing our employment practices and related terms and conditions to make sure they are non-discriminatory and fair to everyone
We want to encourage people from under-represented groups to apply for our jobs so our workforce reflects the profile of the local communities and our residents. We also value the contribution that staff who consider themselves to have a disability make to our workforce.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we welcome in particular, applications from applicants who have a disability. If you can demonstrate on the application form that you meet the essential criteria as listed in the person specification for the job, we will invite you to an interview.
Dignity at work
We are committed to working towards creating a working climate in which all staff are treated fairly and with dignity and respect.
We aim to:
- make full use of the talents of all our staff
- prevent acts of discrimination, exclusion, unfair treatment and other negative or demeaning behaviours
- demonstrate our commitment to equal opportunities for all
- respect and value differences
- be open and constructive in our communications
- handle conflict fairly and be fair and just in our dealings
- develop positive behaviours in our staff