Benefits of working at Rooftop
Our mission is to improve the quality of life of people and the communities in which they live. Today Rooftop’s role in providing new homes, investing in communities, providing services to our 20,000 customers and supporting local people is more important than ever before.
With our roots in Wychavon, we now provide some 6,500 homes in South Worcestershire and into Gloucestershire. We deliver a wide range of affordable homes and seek to regenerate communities to enhance the environment and the local area. We also seek to help those in society who need support by providing specialist homes and a range of local services. Our focus is on five key areas:
- Excellent services - We will develop, deliver and sustain excellent services to all our customers
- Community needs - We will create cohesive and inclusive communities by providing new homes, investing in existing homes and through work in the community
- Resources & Value for Money - We will make best use of our financial, property assets, ICT and human resources
- Encouraging innovation - We will strive for continuous improvement
- Sustainability – We will help to tackle fuel poverty and climate change
How we work
We are a modern, dynamic and flexible social business, aiming to deliver superb value for money and incredible impact. We are proud of what we do – but we always strive to do better. We collaborate and connect with customers, communities and partners to make great things happen. Residents play a key role in shaping our services, as well as informing our business strategy as Board Members.
In a rapidly changing world, we always seek to maximise opportunities, meet challenges and collaborate with partners and the people and communities where we work to achieve our common goals. We are committed to delivering ‘Value for Money’, and this drive for efficiency is reflected in our core focus on projects and key performance indicators. Our new Housing Management System will enable us to further drive efficiency through better business systems.
We generate the surpluses that we need to build new homes and invest in communities and services. We call this ‘Profit for a Purpose’ – because we believe in what we do, we want to do as much as we can. We are a dementia-friendly organisation and embrace equality and diversity. We value and invest in our people and are proud to be a Times Top 100 ‘not for profit company’. Our talented staff team love working for us – and for local people.
We are looking for individuals who share our values and also have the skills and experience to to help us fulfil our aims and drive the organisation forward.
Boris Worrall Rooftop Group Chief Executive
Benefits of working with us include
- generous annual leave entitlement
- flexible working scheme - to encourage a good work/life balance for our staff
- Social Housing Pension Scheme - Defined Contribution
- confidential employee assistance programme - available free to all staff 365 days a year
- membership of our health plan
- an individually designed, comprehensive induction for all new starters
- an Employee Forum consultative panel who represent all staff interests
- a strong focus on learning and development
- opportunities for internal secondments
- discounted and subsidised gym memberships
- cycle to work scheme
- new home leave
- child care voucher scheme
- additional occupational maternity, adoption and paternity benefits
- a friendly and safe working environment
- SAS - our sports and social club
..... and you can have a drink on us - free tea and coffee!