How do I apply?

To access our service, you need to make an application. You can do this by:

For High Support:

  • contacting your Local Authority / Council and make a homeless application.

Your homeless application will then be sent to Supporting People (Our Commissioners) and will be allocated at the Start Meeting by the panel which is held weekly.

What happens next?

When Rooftop receiving your referral from the Start Meetings, Rooftop colleagues will contact you to arrange a meet and great and a possible sign up.  We will offer a range of services and will support you, tailored to your situation and circumstances.

First, you will be invited to discuss your needs, how we can help you and if the accommodation is the right support for you.

If successful and you are happy to move in, you will be signed up and allocated a Link Worker who will work with you to help identify your specific needs. This will include an agreement to take support and creating an individual support plan with you. If you are accommodated in supported housing, then you are still required to take support as part of your Licence agreement. If you do not use the accommodation and/or take support you will be asked to leave (eviction).

Next, we will help you find the advice you need on a range of issues, such as money management and how to apply for appropriate benefits.

We will continue to work with you to support your personal development, including enhancing your life skills, providing advice about further education or training, planning and setting about achieving your goals, encouraging voluntary work and enabling access to training for job related skills and employment.

Our primary aim is to help you achieve independence and control of your life.

Throughout this process, you will be encouraged to become as involved as little or as much as you like, through our Tenant Participation Programme, by joining in any of our range of activities and events and attending regular resident meetings.