Struggling with Your rent

You're not alone

If you are finding hard to pay your rent or keep up with bills, you may qualify for Universal credit or Housing Benefit, depending on your circumstances

To apply for housing benefit you will need to contact your local authority – see the links at the bottom of this page to go direct to their website. If you wish to claim universal credit you will have to claim online here


Find out what benefits you are entitled to has a 'Benefits Advisor' which also provides a calculator helping you to work out what your entitlement may be. You can also use this benefit calculator for an instant benefit estimate from Wychavon District Council. Our money advisors Beverley Hiden and Naomi Inman can also give you advice.

Here are some websites that can give you further information about housing benefits you may be able to claim.