Discretionary welfare assistance scheme

There have been some changes to crisis loans as of 1 April 2013 in the South Worcestershire Area.

They are now being managed by local authorities and you cannot make an application directly, you must go through a voluntary or statutory agency on your behalf. These can be:

  • Housing associations
  • Local support services
  • Local charities
  • Health professionals
  • Housing and homeless support services

All requests will be considered on an individual basis with due account given to the vunerability and personal circumstances of each applicant. No cash payments will be issued, awards will be in the form of goods or vouchers.

If you are in need of emergency assistance please contact us and we will support you to make an application.


Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduction Authority (registration number 713326) to provide an impartial, free and confidential credit broking, debt counselling and debt adjusting service.  Limited to carry out regulated activities as a not for profit firm.