Benefits of getting online
Getting online allows you access to a whole new world of information. And with the growth of tablets and mobile phone technology it's even easier to make the most of the internet.
Some of the advantages of being online are:
- Talk to friends and family: keep in touch with family and friends worldwide through social media, email, Skype and Facetime.
In turn using the internet will help build confidence and wellbeing and can reduce the feeling of isolation.
- Save money: provides access to a wider market, makes it easier to compare prices, find the best online deals and to make more informed purchasing decisions.
- Save time: saves time travelling and queuing to avail of goods and services e.g. online banking, NCT booking, paying car tax etc., which you can now do from the convenience of your own home at a time that suits you.
- Entertainment: pursue your hobbies and interests, explore other cultures, stay up to date with current affairs and catch up on TV using playback facilities.
- Education: expand your knowledge and skills, undertake online courses and facilitate your learning at your own pace.