Residents' reward scheme
The Rooftop Customer Panel recently approved changes to how we recognise and reward volunteers for their contributions, which we value very highly. Rooftop have many opportunities for volunteers to be involved with us. Volunteer roles come under two main headings:
- Volunteering to improve services
- Volunteering to support the local community
We have revised the Shining Stars reward scheme to provide more options. The scheme enables us to recognise the important work of volunteers who may help out informally with a neighbour or give time to befriend an older resident.
Residents and staff will continue to review applications which can be made through housing officers ot the Community Investment Team.
The 3 new award levels for community volunteers are:
- Bronze Star - certificate and £10 gift voucher
- Silver Star - certificate and £20 gift voucher
- Gold Star - certificate, £25 gift voucher and gold star paperweight
- Exceptional award - this will be awarded for acts of exceptional 'neighbourliness' involving personal risk or long term commitment
Volunteering to improve services
Residents who volunteer with us to improve services, such as;
- joining a one off activity (for example a focus group for a scrutiny review) or;
- spending time as a member of the Customer Panel
Will in future be able to receive a reward for their time. All residents participating in organised activities will receive points for their time given and whether the activity is a one-off or a regular commitment.
Once a resident has 500 points, they will be eligible to a £5 reward voucher. If the resident chooses to, they can ask for the £5 to be donated to a charity of their choice. Points will be recorded and rewarded during the year from April until the end of March.