Neighbourhood & Community
As a community voice you will be able to tell us about hot topics in your local neighbourhood and work with us in dealing with them. You might:
- participate in and publicise neighbourhood inspections to local residents
- promote the Community Fund to local residents and community groups
- report any abandoned vehicles
- comment on the quality of grounds maintenance work such as grass cutting
- have a working knowledge of our services and staffing so as to advise fellow residents
- get involved in community events
- be part of a local residents' group
A sub-group of the Customer Panel makes recommendations to the panel on applications to the Community Fund. You can get involved in the fund by submitting an application to receive funds for a project in your local area.
Community Fund meetings are being held on:
- Thursday 26 January 2017; 10:00 – 12:00
- Thursday 30 March 2017; 10:00 – 12:00
- Thursday 8 June 2017; 10:00 – 12:00
- Thursday 24 August 2017; 10:00 – 12:00
- Thursday 5 October 2017; 10:00 – 12:00
- Thursday 16 November 2017; 10:00 – 12:00
Neighbourhood inspections & impact projects
By joining Rooftop staff, you can tell us what you think of the area where you live, see what problems there are and consider how we could make improvements.
It also gives you a chance to get to know the people who look after your neighbourhood better.
Our neighbourhood inspections take around one hour and our neighbourhood impact projects take place over a longer period. You will;
- work together to improve your neighbourhood
- walk around your neighbourhood giving your views. This could be things like repairs, litter, housing issues, policing and crime
- help develop an action plan for your neighbourhood
- develop relationships with others in your neighbourhood.