Customer & resident groups
Independence at Home group
This group was set up in November 2010 to encourage older customers who receive support as well as other services to get involved and give a view.
If you are interested in how Rooftop works to improve services for older customers then you would be welcome to join the group. You will:
- meet as a group at least four times a year
- contribute to discussions on services to older customers including for residents living in our schemes
- meet some of our staff and Customer Panel members
- give your views on the activities programme for older residents.
Local residents' groups
By forming a local residents' group in your area, you will have he opportunity to address any issues in your community, make a case for changes and improvements to services we provide, and give your community a voice. You will:
- receive training and money to help you set up a group and get together with other residents in your community to discuss local issues
- either meet regularly throughout the year, or get together for a short time to tackle a specific local issue
- work with us, and other community partners, such as local police to make improvements or tackle issues
- a small grant of £250 is available to help new local residents' groups set up.
We value the views of young people in our communities on the services we provide and offer a wide range of ways for you to get involved. You can join in with:
- volunteering in local community projects
- one off group discussions with staff
- attending meetings to discuss services for young people
- fun community events and activities
We have smaller focus groups to help us get your views on specific areas of our service. These focus groups cover areas like younger and older residents, residents living with a disability, anti-social behaviour and planned maintenance.
Please let us know if there is a specific area you would like to get involved in.