Dora Matthews House
Dora Matthews House offers a bespoke service to over 55’s who are able to live an independent life but need some extra care and support.
Situated in Coleford, Dora Matthews House is within easy reach of the town centre with numerous buildings of historical interest and many local facilities including a good range of shops, cafés and a cinema.
This joint project between the Homes and Communities Agency, Forest of Dean District Council, Gloucestershire County Council, Rooftop Housing Group and Heritage Care, provides 44 self contained one and two bedroom apartments and five, two bedroom dormer bungalows.
Situated at the front of the site is the wellbeing centre. This is a focal point for residents where a café, activities centre and laundry are all located. The centre is for the use of all residents but will also form a hub for the local community where specialist advice and a range of activities will be provided.
Dora Matthews House provides;
- self contained accommodation with design features that facilitate independence and safety
- onsite care and support services to residents in their own apartments and bungalows when required
- a range of meals available from the on site café, serving locally sourced, healthy foods
- 24 hour care and support available and an emergency 24 hour call system to on site care team
- extensive communal facilities, including a lounge, garden room, a courtyard, hobby rooms and landscaped gardens
- specialist equipment for the more frail or disabled residents such as assisted bathing
- a range of activities on site including exercise and therapeutic classes, social gatherings and advice