How do I buy a home?
Step 1 - Check you are eligible
To check if you are eligible, download and complete our Eligibility Checklist. By going through the checklist and ticking the boxes that apply, you will be able to see if you are likely to be eligible for shared ownership.
Step 2 - Do your sums
To see if you can afford to purchase on Shared Ownership you might like to try out our online Affordability Calculator. This will help you to decide if shared ownership is the route for you.
Step 3 - Register with a HomeBuy agent
To pursue your enquiry for one of these properties, you will need to complete an online application form with the regional HomeBuy agent. For properties in the midlands and Worcestershire, use Help To Buy Midlands. For properties in the south west and Gloucestershire, use Help to Buy South. Once you have completed this form, they will write to you.
Step 4 - Complete a Financial Statement
Now you will need to complete a Financial Statement. Complete the figures to calculate your income and outgoings.
Step 5 - Send off your application
Finally, send your:
- completed eligibility checklist
- completed financial statement
- a copy of the HomeBuy agents' letter in response to your online application from step 3 above
- evidence of savings/deposit
- copies of your last three months wage slips
- copies of your last three months bank statements, making sure that the dates match with your wage slips
- mortgage promise letter from your bank or Building Society indicating how much you may borrow
to our Shared Ownership team to express your interest in a particular shared ownership property. You can do this either by email to email@example.com or by post, to:
PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL
Rooftop Housing Group
70 High Street