Our commitment to quality is based on the principle that effective and consistent implementation of operational systems, which reflect both customer and business requirements, will result in the continuous satisfaction of our customer' needs.
It is Rooftop’s policy to achieve this through the continual improvement of our activities. This is carried out through the planning, setting and implementation of specified and measurable quality objectives, and by strategies and goals set by our Board. The achievement and relevance of our objectives, and the effectiveness of the quality management system, is supported through the service review process.
With input from more than 1,000 residents, and championed by six Resident Action Team members, we redefined our Customer Service Standards, which came into effect from October 2010. We work to national standards such as ISO 9001:2008, Investors in People and relevant legislation which includes: housing, planning, building regulations and codes of practice.
We work to a number of national standards. Rooftop has been awarded the following:
- The Sunday Times 100 Best Not for profit Companies 2016
- Investor in People - Gold
- Two Ticks – Positive about disabled people
- ISO 9001:2008 – planned maintenance and improvements
- ISO 9001:2008 – responsive maintenance services
- Cabinet Office's Customer Service Excellence standard
- Social Landlord of the Year - Small
- One of only four registered providers to be awarded 3 stars for excellent services and excellent prospects for improvement by the Audit Commission
- Queens Award for Enterprise - UK's highest accolade for business success, as part of the Matrix partnership.
- Digital Inclusion award
An inspection by the Audit Commission in June 2008 resulted in the award of the maximum three stars for excellent services and excellent prospects for improvement, one of only four housing associations in the country to achieve this. Whilst the Housing Corporation’s regulatory role was subsequently replaced by the TSA, the report is still on the Housing Corporation website.