Rooftop has an ambitious corporate development plan to continue our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, in line with our core objectives.
Below is a sample of the types of projects in our corporate agenda, to be completed between 2011 and 2015.
- We’re developing a financial inclusion strategy to help our residents have access to appropriate financial products and services and to manage their money effectively
- We’re investigating social enterprise business, providing a public benefit service to deliver gardening and handyman services
- We’re providing specific assistance to a defined section of job applicants to improve employability and working with our contractors to provide local employment opportunities
- We’re building a rural zero energy development
- We’re producing a toolkit to create places where people feel safe, secure and cared for
- We’re investing more resources in solar and photovoltaic energy sources
- We’re seeking re-assessment against the Investors in People accreditation – aiming for the top-level Gold standard
- We’re implementing stage 3 of our comprehensive staff health and safety management system
- We’re working with Evesham library on the ‘My Guide’ initiative, to improve PC literacy in the local area